Man Claims a Sandwich He Ate 5 Years Ago Has Been Causing Him to Fart Ever Since

A UK man who ate a ham sandwich at a Christmas market he was visiting with his family in December of 2017 claims the snack has been causing him uncontrollable flatulence ever since. Tyrone Prades has been living a nightmare, all because of something he ate. Mere hours after eating the sandwich, Tyrone was hit by stomach cramps, fever, vomiting and diarrhea. He was bedridden for five weeks, but that was only the beginning of his troubles. Ever since that fateful day, the 46-year-old has been suffering from regular flatulence that causes him embarrassment, and a rumbling stomach that wakes him up in the middle of the night. Prades is suing Frankfurt Christmas Market Ltd and the vendor who sold him the sandwich, asking for $243,000 in damages. His attorney recently told the court that months after the initial sickness had subsided, Prades’ stomach was still making weird churning noises, and the excessive flatulence never went away. His symptoms also include fatigue and altered bowel function. The attorney went on to explain that Prades’ symptoms have been life-altering, and the uncontrolled flatulence prevents him from going out in public. Although it’s believed that the ham sandwich likely contained salmonella, the attorneys defending Frankfurt Christmas Market Ltd. claim that environmental health officers found e.coli on a knife, but no salmonella. Because Prades did not suffer from an e.coli infection, they say the allegation of salmonella must be proven.